Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thanks Oma!!

First of all, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers during the last week. A big thanks to Oma for taking a week off to help us out and to Gamma and Poppy for watching Max during my surgery so my mom and Matt could be there. We are so blessed to have such an amazing family.

This past week has certainly been eventful for us. Oma came in last weekend to stay for a week and help during my surgery and recovery. My surgery on Monday went really well. I was in and back home in just a few hours, and I slept most of the day on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday were pretty rough, but finally by Friday I was feeling a lot more like myself. It was so hard not holding Max all week! Tuesday I was going to take a nap and went to kiss him on his cheek, and his face screwed up into the most pitiful pout I've ever seen. I think he missed his mommy as much as I missed him!

Max is starting to show so much personality these last couple of weeks. The video is of one of our favorite activities - Show Me Your Tongue. After Max eats, he is always in such a great mood, and he will laugh and play and stick his tongue out usually for about an hour. It's my favorite time of day.




Here are a few more pics from the last week. He is getting so big...I have to remind myself to take pictures all the time so we can keep track. More pics are on the shutterfly site (link to the left).

Such a pretty baby!



With Oma and Jiggs


Big Smile!

Hope you all have a great week! Love you!






2 comments:

  1. How blessed to have Max in our lives. He is getting to be such a big boy. Jen I am glad you are feeling better. Hope to see you soon. Love you Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better! I can't believe how big Max is getting. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete