Monday, May 3, 2010

Flood

Hi everybody!  Just a quick note to let everyone know we're OK.  We had some water flooding from the creek behind our neighborhood, but it didn't make it to our house.  Minimal damage to neighbors' houses.  My work (Opryland Hotel) has completely flooded - the underground, lower, and 1st floors of every section have at least 8-10 feet of water.  Here is a video I found on youtube with our General Manager talking about the damage and some video that was taken. 



If you've ever been to our hotel, you know just how big a job we have ahead of us.  I have no idea what this will mean for my job over the next weeks and months.  Keep the entire Opryland family in your prayers, as well as people around Nashville.  So many people have lost everything, and the waters are still rising in some places.  It's going to be a long cleanup, all around the city.  Thanks everyone for checking in with us!  The Greer family are all doing great.  Hope you all have a nice week!

Oh, and I haven't forgotten to post pictures of Max walking.  For some reason, none of my usual video posting options are working right now.  I'll try to work on it this week and get some posted.  If you are on facebook or know someone who is, you can see the videos there. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment