Thursday, April 22, 2010

Updates

Hi all!  I'm posting from work (shhhhhhh) so I don't have any pics or videos for you.  I did post Max's one-year photos to the shutterfly site on Saturday so check those out if you haven't seen them.  It's been a crazy last few weeks!  Of course last weekend was the big birthday party.  We were so glad to have everyone over to celebrate Max turning 1!  I can't believe it's been over a year!   As you've probably already seen from the pictures, we had an amazing Mickey Mouse cake made by Stacia Hamblin (Sugar Babes, opening August 2010).  Max didn't tear into the cake too much, unfortunately.  Most of what you see on his face Matt and I had to put there.  He basically put his hand in the cake and didn't move it for about 10 minutes. 

Nicola, we received your package on Max's actual birthday!  We absolutely love the rolling ant - everybody who comes over thinks it's so cool!  I'm sorry I haven't emailed you before now - when I changed jobs, I lost all of my saved email addresses.  Send me an email at jgreer@gaylordhotels.com so I'll have it.  Thanks so much!! :)

My little toddler is toddling quite a bit these days.  I can't fully say he is walking, but he definitely can take 5-6 steps at a time and then fall down.  He has to be completely focused on walking to do it.  Most of the time he's just lazy and sits down to crawl or scoot.  He chatters all the time, but doesn't really say anything.  We hear "na-na" a lot (sounds like mama, but with an n).  We couldn't figure out what he was saying for the longest time, but finally realized that Bella (his daycare friend) has been saying "Na-na" for Ms. Wanda.  He's picked it up and says it all the time now.  I get a little jealous sometimes, but at least it sort of sounds like Mama. :)  We've given up on him saying Daddy.  Sometimes we get a "der-der", but that's about it.

At his one year appointment, Max weighed 23 lbs 10 oz and was 31.25 inches tall.  He was in the 62nd percentile for weight and 89th for height.  I can't remember his head circumference, but he was in the 93rd percentile again.  My baby has a big head (trust me!). :)  We got the go-ahead from the doctor to start whole milk instead of formula, so we've been working on that.  He actually has no problem taking the milk, but refuses to drink it from a sippy cup.  So we're slowly trying to transition him into the sippy.  I've heard it can take months, so we're going to be patient with it. 

Matt is taking a boys trip to Dallas this weekend to see Zack, Misty, and the girls.  Oma and Nana Pearl are coming to hang out with Max and me, so we look forward to a fun weekend.  Hope you're all having a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment