Saturday, April 3, 2010

Yay for Spring!!

So we have finally had a week of warm weather and it has been glorious!  So excited to be able to spend time outside with Max and not worry about him getting too chilly.  He actually has gotten to wear shorts and short-sleeved shirts this week, and I think he loves it (since he's a little oven like his daddy...I swear they have an internal temp about 2 degrees higher than the rest of us).  Oma came last week while Matt was out of town, and Aunt Emmy is here this weekend.  Max loves having more people to pay attention to him! :)

I can't officially say he has started walking, but he did take a few steps the other night...we had to trick him into it.  Usually he's too wary (or lazy) to do it.  But Oma and Jiggs were on Skype and Aunt Emmy was here to see it.  Since then we've tried getting it on video to post with no luck.  We'll keep trying to have one to post.

I started my new job this week.  It has been fabulous so far.  I'm in another building outside the hotel, so I feel much more removed from the fast-paced world over there.  I actually have an office, so I've been looking for fun things to decorate it with.  I'm learning a lot and I feel like this is something I can enjoy doing for a really long time.  The best, and most important, part of the job is that it has set hours, no weekends, and no blackberry.  I have to say I've felt a little cut off this week from the rest of the world as I knew it, because I had facebook and instant messager on my blackberry.  I'm sure I'll get used to it though....

I've spent some time this weekend thinking back to this time last year.  Easter is a week earlier this year, but about this time I was so ready to meet my little man (and just as ready to have him OUT).  I actually went into labor at 10pm on Easter day last year (we're halfway convinced it had to do with the 10 or so deviled eggs I ate that day). :)  I cannot believe Max will have his first birthday in 10 days!!!  My baby isn't so much a baby anymore!  We're excited to share this special day with family & friends next Sunday.  And Max is super excited to have his first cake - I'm not as excited to deal with the sugar high that is sure to follow. :)

Here are some pictures from this weekend including a visit to the Easter Bunny.  More are on the shutterfly site.  We'll get his 1-year pics made soon and hopefully have a lot to post.

Happy Easter everybody!!

Playing with the new stuffed monkey from Aunt Emmy!  Shake it!

My sweet man!

Easter Bunny!  The sun was so bright!

Shoe shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment