Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009!

Hi all! Happy 2009! We're more excited than ever about celebrating a new year, since this is the year we get to welcome Max into the family! It's so hard to believe we're (hopefully) less than 14 weeks away from meeting him. I hope the next 14 weeks go by fast, but I also feel like there is still a lot to do! We're starting to look into daycare centers...apparently around here you need to be on a list almost before the child is conceived! I wish I could find someone who keeps 3-4 children in their home, instead of a large daycare, but I'm not sure if that will be possible...we'll see!

We also need to start signing up for classes at the hospital. We'll at least take the hospital orientation one, and Matt is trying to convince me to take a lamaze class, just in case. We have a few showers coming up...no dates yet, but that's something we'll work out soon. I feel like we already have so much stuff, thanks to everyone at Christmas, but there is still a LONG way to go. It's a little overwhelming!!

I think I'm finally moving into the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy. It's becoming harder and harder to sleep comfortably, and my back is hurting pretty much constantly. Not complaining...I know it's necessary...but please keep me (and Matt, bless him) in your thoughts over these next couple of months as I'm sure it will become even more difficult to get around.

We go to the doctor for a regular appointment next Thursday, Jan 8. Then we'll go back 2 weeks later for another ultrasound and my glucose test. If all is well there, I'll begin going every 2 weeks for 2 months, then every week for the last month. Everyone says this will make it go faster because I have a standing 2-week milestone, but we'll see!

It was so great spending time with everybody over the holidays! I think we'll probably only make it home to Vardaman one more time pre-Max, so it was good to see so many people then. Hope you all have a great year!

Love ya! :)

2 comments:

  1. It is quite exciting to see the progress Max and his parents are making! For two people who weren't sure they wanted to be parents, they sure have shown something quite different! Love, Mom (Mel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Wish there was a way I could be the person with a couple of kids to watch Max for y'all! You want to move to KY and we will make a deal. Can't wait to see the new pics.

    ReplyDelete