Friday, January 16, 2009

Labor of Love

Happy Friday all! The last couple of weeks have definitely been interesting. We started our Childbirth classes, a 4-week series called Labor of Love. We meet at the hospital on Thursday nights from 7:00 - 9:30 to learn all about labor, relaxing during labor, orientating ourselves with the hospital, options for pain management, and caring for the baby after he's born. It has been interesting, to say the least.

The first week, Matt got to learn a lot of new terms. I won't go into them here because I don't want to gross you out, but he's definitely got some new vocabulary to share. We watched a video that week, but as most of it was animated, it wasn't terribly disturbing. The instructor warned us that the video shown in the second week wasn't quite as fun for the boys....

...And last night was the second class. Actually the video wasn't too bad. It did show "everything," but I was very proud that Matt only snickered a little and didn't pass out at all. :) She also quizzed us on some of the terms we'd learned the week before, and Matt got more answers right than anyone! I guess those terms were just burned into his brain. His "prize" was the chance to wear the "sympathy belly" for 30 minutes. I so wish I had a picture of it to post here, but he was wearing it during our relaxation exercises, and I didn't want to disturb everyone with the flash going off. Trust me, it was good stuff.

We also took a tour of the L&D floor of the hospital last night, and got to check out one of the rooms. They are surprisingly big and seem pretty comfortable, but I have a feeling that pink wallpaper will be my on my nerves a couple of hours into the fun labor process.

So we're finally in the 3rd trimester - less than 12 weeks to go! I can't wait! Next Thursday I'll take my glucose test to make sure I haven't developed gestational diabetes, and we'll do another ultrasound. We can't wait to see Max again! I hope to have some more pictures to post that day.

Hope you all have a great weekend! More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment