Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Three B's

Hey kids, Happy ’09! Been away while Mrs. Jen did her thing on here. She’s done an amazing job staying on top of this weekly blog and I hope she knows how much I enjoy reading this along with you guys. I love screwing around on-line and coming across this page to see a new post. So to you, Sweet Girl; thanks for sharing your definitive captions on odd ultrasound angles, understandable fears of my impending fatherhood, and continuing laughable accounts of the last few months.

A few weeks ago I donned the ‘sympathy suit’ right in the middle of twenty total strangers. Imagine a flesh colored backpack you wear on the front stuffed with every article of clothing you own crammed inside. Then add forty pounds. And boobs. Embarrassing? Yes. Uncomfortable and heavy? Yes. However the ability to accidentally let my hands wander to new ‘body parts’ when the lights were out while everyone else in class focused on their deep breathing and relaxation techniques. Awkwardly mesmerizing AND hysterical! Until I received a piercing elbow to the shoulder urging me to cut it out.

One quick note on our class. Several friends and family members have been giving me grief for even wasting money and attending this thing. However, I now possess a slew of new terms and phrases to drop on you the unknowing at my convenience. You are now forewarned. Just try to keep the milk in your nose when I call you a floppy uterus...

Co-workers who rarely see Jen have wanted updates on her health and how she’s taken to carrying around my spawn. All that’s changed recently are her sleep patterns. She’s finally over her sinus issues but she’s up and down most of the night with bathroom visits. All of you who have been blessed to carry kids understand, but for those of us uninitiated, it’s a bit traumatic. Do you realize how much toilet paper we go through? Do you keep a map in your head of the quickest routes to the bathrooms of every restaurant, store, or gas station you’ve ever visited…in two states?

No worries. We thank all of you for coming by and visiting our crazy little spot here in cyber-land. We are currently looking for ideas for somewhere to travel for a mini vacation over Valentine’s Day Weekend before the little Tyrant Max arrives. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let us know.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment