Thursday, April 2, 2009

39 Weeks...and counting...

Happy Thursday all! I'm sure you're all tired of my negative posts of the last few weeks, so I will try to be positive in this one. Good news is Max is very healthy and I am very healthy. Not-so-good news is there is still no progress...no dilation at all, and apparently my cervix is abnormally high for this point in the pregnancy. Unless my water breaks on its own (which is very unlikely at this point), we're probably looking at at least 2 more weeks. The doc said she wouldn't let me go much over a week past my due date. Due date is officially next Saturday, the 11th. My 41 week appointment will be on Thursday the 16th. We'll assess the situation then, and possible go into the hospital on Friday the 17th or Monday the 20th to start medication that will hopefully start the labor process.

So....we wait. I kind of had a feeling after the last week that not much had changed. It was disappointing to say the least, but as the doctor said - at least I have a healthy baby and things could be a lot worse. And I may not feel the best right mentally right now, but everything is fine physically and not everyone is that lucky.

On a happy note, we recieved a very special package from across the world this week. My German sister Nicola sent Max some adorable outfits, a blanket, and a couple of small toys. We love them! Matt especially loves the HSV onesie (HSV is Nicola and Thomas's favorite soccer team). I will post some pictures of these outfits soon. I'm at work right now and don't have my computer.

Hope you're all having a great week! More soon!

1 comment:

  1. This stage is SO HARD!!! But, honestly, you'll look back at it fondly one day. Enjoy the last few days... You'll never be pregnant with your firstborn again! =)

    ReplyDelete