Saturday, April 25, 2009

So I've been out in the world for almost two weeks now, and life is a little different than it was inside the womb. These two people taking care of me are so new at this, the words 'mommy' and 'daddy' sound a little abnormal rolling off their tongues. So far life's been easy. They wake me up to feed me, rub my tummy and back, then rock me to sleep. Pretty nice, huh?
The one they call mommy smells great and everytime she holds me I feel like I'm gonna starve so I have to eat immedietley. I spend most of my awake time with her, but soon after I eat I'm always so sleepy. The one they call daddy holds me like a football, hums horribly in my ear, and is obsessed with rubbing his spiky face all over my soft cheeks. I know he means well, so I'll let him keep it up for now.
All week long we've had tons of people over at our house. They're always bringing me clothes, food, toys, or sports gear. I love it. Maybe I'll mess with Mom and Dad and become a Auburn or Lousiville fan. That'll show 'em.
The rest of our guests leave tomorrow, so I need to go spend some time with my Oma and Jigs. Tonight Gamma and Poppy are feeding us steaks. Wonder if they'll let me have any? Thanks to all of you guys who've sent me gifts, cooked my parents food, or have come by to just visit. You've all made Mom and Dad feel so blessed.
Don't worry, I'll bring them back down to earth. Been working on a little present for them all morning...

Hope to see you soon,
-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment