Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's a Wonderful Life

Good morning all! It's around 3am right now, and I'm up waiting on Max to decide to wake up and have an early breakfast. We're all doing so well. I feel great - a little tired, but that's to be expected. Max is amazing. It still is a little surreal that he is finally here, but we couldn't be happier to have him. He truly is more wonderful and perfect than I ever could have imagined. I hope we can be the parents that he deserves to have. Matt is such a good daddy! He's still nervous about Max's head falling off or breaking him somehow, but he is a lot better at this parenting thing than even he thinks.

Feedings are going well - Max pretty much only looks at me as a source of food, but that's OK. I am so enjoying the bonding time we get when it's just the two of us and I'm providing his meals. Sometimes he wants to eat a little bit every hour, and sometimes he'll chow down for 30 minutes, then sleep for 3-4 hours. We'll eventually work on getting him on a schedule, but for right now we just make sure he's full and happy as much as possible.

We've had so many visitors so far, and are looking forward to more. My mom (Oma) has been wonderful and is staying with us for a couple of weeks. I was able to take a 2 1/2 hour nap earlier today (well, yesterday I guess) and it was fabulous!! I plan to take advantage of that later today as well. Matt's parents have been fantastic. His dad has a tradition of bring Krispy Kreme's to the hospital the morning after his grandbabies have been born. Those chocolate-covered donuts were heaven-sent Tuesday morning. Yummmmm! My dad had to go back to Vardaman to work this week, but will be coming back this weekend with Granne and Nana to see us. I'm so excited for Jiggs (my dad's Grandfather name) to see how much Max has changed just since he saw him on Tuesday! Aunt Em and cousin Josh are also coming this weekend. Emily is about to go crazy not having met her nephew yet, but I think she'll be able to hold out until Friday. It will be a busy weekend, but we can't wait to see everybody and show off our little man!

I hope you're all enjoying the pics in the photo album section (to the left). Check daily for updates...even if I'm not updating the blog, I have been uploading additional pics every day. I'll continue to do it until you guys get tired of the pics! :) OK, I'll probably not even stop then.

Max's hospital pics are up on the web. The website is: www.our365.com You can search by our customer number or by the name and hospital. The customer number is 7530-17278. The city is Hermitage, TN. Hospital is Summit Medical Center. You may have to use the first 3 letters of my last name to search. The password, once you find our site, is 753017278 (no dash). These are the pics that were taken by the hospital on Tuesday morning. I'm really happy with them - especially the last two. It's kind of hard to tell on the sample pic, but in the last two Max is poking his lips out in a pout that I'm sure will melt my heart for the next 18 or so years. We'll definitely be ordering some of the prints.

Well it's almost time to wake little man up for breakfast, so I'll stop for now. Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who has sent messages, called, come by, and especially sent up prayers for us. We are so blessed by all the love and support! More soon!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad everything is going so well! Let us know if we can offer any advice, not that we have figured ANYTHING out ourselves! :)

    Uncle Zack

    ReplyDelete